Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Kebab King

Wandering aimlessly out of the office on a rainy Tuesday on my way to Wawa, I spotted a small food truck outside of Wharton on 38th and Spruce.  I thought to myself -- you know, there aren't any postings yet on that blog of yours, so I made a last second dash across the street as the light was changing to see what I could find.  Kebab King specializes in, you guessed it, kebabs, all grilled to order.  There are four main categories: Steak, Chicken, Veggie and Fruit.  To kick things off, I ordered the Chicken King Kebab at $4 (+$.50 for the pita option).  The truck smelled fantastic, and while I was waiting, a lady ordered the grilled peach kebab with rum-sugar glaze.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

My kebab consisted of 4 large pieces of chicken with alternating red and green pepper and onion between the slices.  A spicy, Jamacian-jerk barbecue sauce covered everything, but not to excess.  The chicken was done perfectly and was very tasty.  I will have to go back with friends to sample the other options

0 comments:

Post a Comment